A visa run is the case that the current visa is about to expire, forcing you to exit Vietnam. If you want to re-enter immediately after that, you need a new visa.
Today’s article will guide you on how to do a Vietnam visa run by going to Bangkok.
Best way to get to Bangkok
The simplest way is to follow the route: From Vietnam, you catch a flight to Bangkok, then fly back from Bangkok to Vietnam.
- From Vietnam, if you go to Thailand by air, you will depart from 3 international airports including Noi Bai – Hanoi, Da Nang and Tan Son Nhat – Ho Chi Minh City.
- There are many airlines operating flights from Vietnam to Bangkok such as Vietnam Airlines, Thai Airways, Thai Lion Air, VietJet Air, Bangkok Airways, Thai VietJet Air, Jetstar Pacific Airlines, Qatar Airways, Thai AirAsia, Nok Air
- Flight time is from about 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours 05 minutes.
From Hanoi to Bangkok: Currently, there are 5 airlines that are operating this route. Each airline has different flight times, but generally only about 5 – 15 minutes difference.
- Vietjet Air, Thai AirAsia, Thai Airways: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Vietnam Airlines: 2 hours 05 minutes
- Thai Lion Mentari: 2 hours
Of all airlines, Vietnam Airlines is the most selected airline when arriving in Thailand.
From Danang to Bangkok: Currently, there are 3 airlines that are operating direct flights. Up to now, there have been no domestic Vietnamese airlines involved in transporting passengers from Da Nang to Bangkok, most of which are handled by Thai airlines.
- Thai AirAsia, Thai Vietjet Air: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Bangkok Airways: 1 hour 55 minutes
From Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok: The flight takes from 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 35 minutes from Ho Chi Minh to Bangkok. Currently, there are 6 airlines operating routes from Saigon to Bangkok. In general, the flight frequency is quite high, therefore you can easily choose a suitable flight route and the shortest flight time.
- Vietnam Airlines, Thai AirAsia: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Vietjet Air, Jetstar: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Nok Air: 1 hour 20 minutes
- THAI Airways: 1 hour 25 minutes
The Vietnam visa run procedure in Bangkok
Because you will fly back to Vietnam, so you can apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival.
Applying online through an agency, you will get an approval letter via email and then get visa stamped at the airport in a short period (about 2 working days or even hours).
We hope that the above information will be helpful for you. Wish you do Vietnam visa run to Bangkok successfully!
More about Vietnam visa run