Vietnam visa is a document issued by a Vietnamese competent authority allowing a foreigner to enter Vietnam. Foreign nationals traveling to Vietnam must have a valid visa issued by one of the Vietnamese diplomatic missions or the Immigration Department, unless they are from one of the countries exempted from visa.
Validity of Vietnam tourist visa
Depending on validity and number of entries, the tourist visa for Vietnam is now available in the following types:
- 1 month single entry
- 1 month multiple entry
- 3 months single entry
- 3 months multiple entry.
Besides, travelers holding US passports have one more option: a visa with a period of 1 year and multiple entries, with which they must leave Vietnam after every 3 months of stay.
How to apply for Vietnam visa
There are, currently, up to 3 ways to obtain a tourist visa for Vietnam, consisting of:
- Visa at the Vietnamese Embassies/Consulates in host countries
- Visa at Vietnam international airports
Get Vietnam tourist visa at Vietnamese Embassies/Consulates in host countries
- Step 1: Prepare documents as prescribed by law.
- Step 2: Apply for visa at Vietnam embassy or consulate.
- Step 3: Pay the fee and get results after certain days.
Get Vietnam tourist visa at Vietnam airports (Visa on arrival)
This way is available for those entering Vietnam at any of its international airports (consisting of Noi Bai in Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat in HCMC, Cat Bi in Hai Phong, Da Nang in Da Nang, Cam Ranh in Khanh Hoa, Can Tho in Can Tho, Lien Khuong in Da Lat and Phu Quoc on Phu Quoc island).
Here come the steps to get a visa on arrival
- Access to the website of a service provider and complete the online application form (no document required)
- Pay service fee and get the approval letter after a certain period of time (normally 2 working days at Vietnam-visa.com)
- Submit passport and the approval letter, the completed Vietnamese visa application form, 02 passport size photos, original passport and pay the visa stamping fee in cash at Vietnam airport to get visa stamped.
Get Vietnam e-visa
- Visit the electronic visa information page at https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/
- Complete information as required. Upload your photos and passport page according to form No. 1 in the Decree.
- Get the electronic profile code.
- Pay Vietnam visa fee to the account specified in the electronic visa information page.
- Use the electronic file code to check the approval of the Immigration Department. If the visa is approved, use that code to print an electronic visa according to form No. 2 of the Decree.