Recently, the demand for Vietnam visas for Indians is very large due to the increasing demand for traveling, working and visiting Vietnam. So, in this post, we will guide you about a very important item that all Indian citizens should be aware of for every trip to Vietnam – Vietnam visa.
Vietnam visa requirements for Indian citizens
At the moment, there is no Vietnam visa exemption for Indian citizens; it means that all Indian travelers need to get a valid visa for every visit to Vietnam, no matter what purpose of visit is and how many days they are staying in the country.
How to get Vietnam visa for Indian citizens
At the moment, there are 03 options to get a visa to Vietnam for Indian passport holders as follow:
- Getting a visa at Vietnam embassy (via the Vietnam visa application center based in India);
- Getting a visa on arrival
- Getting an e-visa.
Now, let’s go on details one by one.
1. Getting a visa at Vietnam embassy
To get a Vietnam visa in India this way, the applicants will need to apply through a third party center named VFSGlobal. This party will submit your documents to the Vietnam embassy/consulate for processing.
To apply for a Vietnam visa for Indians, the following documents must be prepared:
♦ Apply for a Vietnam visa for Indians traveling:
- Original passport valid for at least 30 days from the date of entry into Vietnam and 1 blank page + photocopy.
- Visa application form
- 1 photo 4 x 6 cm.
- Return air ticket or to a third country after the period of stay in Vietnam.
- Account statement for at least 3 months (50,000,000VND).
- Visa fee.
♦ Applying for a Vietnam visa for Indians on business trips:
As above, add an invitation letter from a company in Vietnam.
Note: Additional documents may be required by diplomatic missions.
In the usual way, you have to apply with the necessary documents, financial proofs, photos to the diplomatic agency and wait for the approval of the file. Applying for a visa at the Embassy can take about 5-7 working days, and you must go to the Embassy at least 2 times. Therefore, you should contact them in advance to understand the procedures before coming here.
2. Getting a Visa on arrival
This is very simple with just 3 steps and you have a letter of approval for Vietnam visa. The time you spend is only about 1 minute. This is the simplest and most time-saving form of applying for a Vietnam visa for Indian citizens.
You only need to provide information in an online application form, including:
- Full name, date of birth.
- Passport expiry date.
- Expected entry date.
- Locations to get visa (Vietnam airport)
After that, you pay the service fee as instructed. You receive your visa approval letter via email after 02 working days, or faster upon your request. You then will board the flight for Vietnam and finally get visa stamped upon arrival at the airport of Vietnam.
3. Getting an e-visa
As an Indian citizen, you can apply for an e-visa to Vietnam if:
- You are entering Vietnam via any of those 33 accepted ports of entry.
- Your stay in Vietnam is no more than 30 days with a single entry.
To get it, you need to follow the guide here: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt.