It’s easy to get a Vietnam visa for French nationals, not as hard as people think. With the article below, you will have more useful information to make the visa application process easier, especially for French citizens who first apply for a visa to Vietnam.
Vietnam visa requirements for French citizens
All French nationals are exempted from Vietnam for up to 15 days in Vietnam (including the arrival and exit dates) if:
- They have never been to Vietnam with visa exemption;
- Otherwise, their arrival date must be at least 30 days following the exit date of their last stay in Vietnam with visa exemption.
Otherwise, the French citizens will need a visa for Vietnam.
How to get Vietnam visa for French citizens
If the French citizens wish to obtain a visa to visit Vietnam, they can apply for a visa at the Vietnamese diplomatic mission in abroad, e-visa or contact reputable visa service provider for visa on arrival to save money and travel time.
Get visa at the embassy
First, contact the embassy to find out what documents to prepare. Then you bring the file to submit at Vietnam embassy in Paris, France, or in any other that is convenient for them:
- Address: 61rue Miromesnil 75008 Paris
- Phone: + 33-01-44146400
- Fax: + 33-01-44967089
- Email: [email protected]
The embassy will receive the application and collect fees as required.
On the day of appointment, you return to the embassy to get the results. If approved, get the visa with your passport. If not, you will only receive your original passport. The fee is not refundable.
Get an e-visa
French citizens can apply for e-visa very conveniently with a stay of up to 30 days. To apply for an electronic visa, you
- visit https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt,
- complete the information following the steps guided on the website,
- pay the fee as prescribed.
If the application is approved, use the code to download the visa.
Get Visa on arrival
Applying for a visa this way is simple, just follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Enter information in a simple online application form and pay the service fee.
- Step 2: Receive the approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Step 3: Fly to Vietnam, carry out customs clearance and stamp the visa.
Stamping a visa at Vietnam airport is the same as stamping a visa into the passport in the normal way. It all happens quickly.