Do Canadian citizens need a visa for Vietnam? How to get a Vietnam visa for Canada passport holders? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the ways to get a visa to Vietnam for Canadians? In this article, we will guide you all.
Vietnam visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Canadian citizens are required to apply for a visa if they want to enter Vietnam for any period of time, or any purpose of visit.
How to get Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens
The Canadian passport holders may have up to 3 ways to obtain a visa for Vietnam, consisting of:
- Getting a visa at Vietnam embassy;
- Getting an e-visa
- Getting a visa on arrival.
Now, let’s go on one by one.
1. Getting a visa at Vietnam embassy
This is the traditional form of applying for a Vietnam visa for Canadians. In this way, Canadian citizens will prepare the necessary documents, then submit them to the Vietnamese diplomatic mission in Canada or in a third country. (For example, Canadians in the United States can apply at the Vietnam Embassy in the United States).
Address of Vietnamese Embassy in Canada:
- Address: 470 Wilbrod Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6M8, CANADA
- Phone: (1613) 236 0772
- Fax: (1613) 236 2704
- Email: [email protected] [email protected]
- Website: https://vietnamembassy.ca
Electronic visa or e-visa is a new form of visa that Vietnam has just applied to try to shorten administrative procedures. Currently, the Government of Vietnam has applied this form to 81 countries and territories, including Canada.
Applying for a Vietnamese visa for Canadians, in this case, will be done through the web portal at https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt. You access, then fill in the information, follow the steps as instructions and get results.
- More convenient than the first form, just enter the correct information and wait for approval.
- Cheap fee due to reducing some stages.
- Website interface is difficult to use, not user friendly
- Applicable for only a few types of visas
- Non-refund in case of refused visa application.
Getting Visa on arrival
This way to get the visa for Vietnam is very convenient for Canadian travelers entering Vietnam via any of 8 Vietnam airports of Vietnam, consisting of:
- Noi Bai in Hanoi
- Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City
- Cat Bi in Hai Phong
- Da Nang in Da Nang
- Cam Ranh in Khanh Hoa
- Lien Khuong in Da Lat
- Can Tho in Can Tho
- Phu Quoc on Phu Quoc island.
With this way of Vietnam visa application, the Canadians will:
- contact a reputable local Vietnam visa service provider capable of sponsoring their customers and partners to Vietnam with many different purposes and request for the visa approval letter, pay for the service fee
- get the visa approval letter within certain period of time
- get visa stamped upon arrival airport as instructed.
Advantages: Fast, meet the urgent needs, the high ability to be granted a visa
Disadvantages: queue at Vietnam airport to get visa stamped.